Expository Writing: Punctuation

Hi my name is Ryan and I am going to be talking about punctuation why do we need it why is it important does this sound weird? Punctuation is very important.

The first reason punctuation is important is because if the wasn’t any, every thing you say would sound like a blob. If you noticed in the first paragraph, there should have been three sentences, but there was only one. Your mouth also had no breaks. If there wasn’t any punctuation when you were reading a book, you might have to re-read a single line many times just to make sense of it.

Another reason punctuation is important is because when you are talking, you use punctuation too. Your mouth needs breaks from talking, so you would use a period. You might want to say something that means the same thing but in a different, you would use a semi-colon. You could also be listing something so you would use a comma.

Let me repay this: Hi my name is Ryan and I am going to be talking about punctuation. Why do we need it? Why is it important? Does this sound better? Punctuation is the most important part of writing.

One thought on “Expository Writing: Punctuation

1. Ah, I see what you did there in that first and last paragraph! Clever kid.